Old 01-09-2015, 09:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Squig

Originally Posted by JT0626 View Post
Yay, someone that's in my backyard!!! ;-)

Funny you say that you craved chocolate, because I did too! I am not even a chocolate lover to begin with, but I was tearing chocolate chip cookies up for weeks!

I'm noticing little improvements here & there too. It just seems weird that I am noticing withdrawal symptoms more so now than I did 2 months ago. My body is weird....LOL!
Post acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS) can be a very trying ordeal, especially if you aren't anticipating or familiar with it. Through my own experience, and conversations with others in recovery, they affect each person differently- just like everything else about this disease. Being able to recognize the symptoms for what they are helps to develop coping strategies. Also be on the lookout for HALTS- Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired, Sick. During my first week sober, I caught a nasty cold that wore me out. I felt like crap every morning I woke up, but it was nothing compared to acute withdrawal. Maybe I've finally lost it, but I was happy to be sick and sober, as opposed to the alternative.