Old 01-09-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
JT0626
I will NOT drink to that!

Originally Posted by Squig View Post
Hey JT0626, nice to see a fellow resident of Charm City here. Although I'm on day 12 now, I have experienced withdrawal symptoms more times than I can remember. Of course there are the usual symptoms- shakes, anxiety, insomnia, etc. I've found that I have cravings for chocolate, and I've never been much of a person for sweets. There's tons of studies that look into the physiology behind the different symptoms that people in early sobriety experience.

Personally, I've always found the first week to have the worst manifestations of physical symptoms. Everyday I'm sober, I notice little improvements, especially in hand-eye coordination. Due to the nature of my work, I have poor sleep hygiene to begin with. I've drank large amounts of coffee long before I dove head first into the bottle, so it's hard for me to determine whether it contributes to my poor sleep. I've also noticed that my stamina rebounds a little bit each day. Little victories, but victories nonetheless.

The longest I've had sober was seven months, and I do know that each day gets a little better. Congrats on staying sober, and hang in there.
Yay, someone that's in my backyard!!! ;-)

Funny you say that you craved chocolate, because I did too! I am not even a chocolate lover to begin with, but I was tearing chocolate chip cookies up for weeks!

I'm noticing little improvements here & there too. It just seems weird that I am noticing withdrawal symptoms more so now than I did 2 months ago. My body is weird....LOL!