View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
huntingtontx

Romancing Alcohol

I now have a year and a half, yet sometimes when I am watching a movie or reading a book they are having their wine with dinner and I feel a little sad. As long as we romance alcohol, it will be hard to leave it behind for good. We have to see it for the cunning evil drink it is for us alcoholics. This has given me a problem in the past. I think, some day I may be able again to have a glass of wine with a good dinner. That is dumb, what has a glass of wine ever done for me. Nothing! It is not enough for a buzz and more only makes a fool out of me. There is no true romance there, only a slippery slope. I have learned, Alcohol is the enemy to every alcoholic. Nothing romantic about how it makes us act, takes our self respect and control. I think we need to learn to call it what it is. At least I need to remember this. Nothing romantic about being drunk, and nothing great about a glass of wine. One glass of wine has no more kick then a glass of water, but it does let us make the dumb decision to have a lot more and ruin our lives. Just thinking out loud. I don't think I will ever romance alcohol again. It was a rotten lover.