View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Aellyce

I was looking into this also when I was younger, because I vaguely identified with some of the traits, mostly regarding social life. But in my case, it's not really social anxiety... I don't experience that much, although definitely have other forms of anxiety and some pretty strong. I also have some mild OCD tendencies.

One thing that tends to come up for me whenever I do assessments for personality disorders, for example, and I think it's a bit similar in manifestation in some ways: some schizoid traits. When I did these kinds of assessments, it's always the schizoid that tends to come out with the highest score, followed by OCD, and then everything else is pretty far. I am apparently not too close to diagnostic criteria for any of these. That schizoid stuff is definitely closer for me in terms of the social life thing, and was far more prevalent in my childhood and early adolescent years. I think it's a bit similar to what the Asperger's symptoms are regarding socializing, minus the anxiety in this context. It's more indifference / detachment. Adolescence really made a huge change for me in this and I never had problems relating to and forming close bonds with specific people that I like since then, but I needed experience to learn this.