View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
TerpGal

Originally Posted by maia1234 View Post
TG, I am sorry that you have so much anger. I did too, and I still do, but it doesn't control my life anymore. I am a Catholic but I was pretty angry at God for letting him do this to me. As I felt I was a good person. I do understand the Alanon way. If my sponsor said to me to pray on it or I will pray for you, one more time I was going to scream. It is really hard to let go and let someone else controls things. As that is what I have had to do for a very long time.

I have a quote below that I read somewhere and I want to share it with you.

Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be, at this moment.

This has nothing to do with God, but a lot to do with acceptance. Maybe once you stop fighting facts of your life you can make peace with in yourself.

(((((((((hugs))))))))))
Thanks. As I am learning in EMDR the way we often feel about our situation, or the negative self talk or anger we have are due to unprocessed memories. For me with PTSD those memories paralyze me. And I think that until I can get them processed I will always feel like this. Sigh. I just want to be done with all this. I don't want to be tethered to something that hurt me so much anymore, but I am to cowardly to pull the trigger.