View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lancashire
Sober Member

Drinking is completely Rational

I suppose when you think about it, drinking is completely rational.

We drink to alter our brain chemistry. Chemical reactions in our brain alter our state of consciousness, so we become less inhibited, more confident, more aggressive or passive and turn ourselves in to unpredictable immature indulgent animals, more instinct that intelligence.

Why cant you drive a car while drunk ? Because you are incapable of controlling your reactions and your not fully conscious.

Alcohol damages your liver, heart, brain, kidneys and about dozen other organs, yet it is legal to drink as much alcohol as you want.

Over time some humans become alcohol dependant and abuse alcohol in one form or another and they are castigated by society for doing so, the same society that introduced them to alcohol. Very unfair really.

When we try to quit, if you tell some people, they question your need to quit, its a little like one drug addict telling another drug addict that quitting is a mistake.

After years of become alcohol dependant, drinking becomes rational and not drinking seems very scary. All we want to do is feel normal and thats where the AV tries to trip me up, its says I can cut down, that I have proved I can give up the booze if needed.

This is where I say to my AV, drinking is rational and I am going to behave irrationally about it. I refuse to follow the crowd and I will not give in anymore.

If drinking is rational, then I must rebell.