Thread: Sad news
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
iamunique
suffering is not a requirement

"Anyway, since I found out today, my heart has been sick! I have no idea where he is--and the temperature is a warm 25 degrees here. I'm so discouraged.
He seemed to be doing well so I don't know what happened. The rehab facility doesn't answer their phone on weekends (only voicemail) so I won't be able to find out anything until tomorrow.
I'm working on trying to detach emotionally but it is so hard

I'm sorry you are going through this. I won't tell you not to worry cuz that's what mom's do..however, I hope I Can help by saying that I have been there with the worrying because my son was out on the streets for awhile (his choice)..However all that worrying never did me any good
. I came to find out that addicts are pretty darn resourceful when they have to be. My son to this day always finds ppl ( shady) to stay with.
You said, "I admit I fought off several urges to rescue him and offer to let him come home for a few days--thank God, I fought it off. I did, however, end up taking him a pack of cigarettes. I know I probably shouldn't have, but I AM proud of the progress I've made. 2-3 months ago, I'd have been in the car going to get him. I am working hard to deal with this little co-dependency issue I have. "
Hey you did good Hugs for you
I'm praying for guidance for you and for your son.
Iamunique