View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Hi, Josephine. I've recently self-diagnosed and currently seeking out someone to evaluate me. I'm in my thirties so it'll probably be difficult, as the mental health professionals don't seem to always be aware of how it presents in high functioning adults, especially females.

I've known that I mostly self-medicated by drinking for years now. I do have the occasional meltdown. I hum constantly as self-stimming. I'm also OCD in many ways, have social phobia/anxiety, and used to have panic attacks. I was able to work on the panic disorder in my late teens/early twenties and managed to put a stop to them so thankfully I no longer have the panic attacks. I do suffer from depression though I've never been down for the count, so to speak. I always seem to work my way out of it, thankfully. My grandmother must've had depression and she taught me many little tricks to deal with it.

I think my mother might have also had Aspergers (she was also an alcoholic and committed suicide four years ago). I think it comes from my grandfather and his side of the family.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in here and say hello.