View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Kimmilynn...

Welcome to the Board. I'm grateful that you've found us, and grateful that you've posted.

Now that the holidays are behind us, more members will be by to greet you and to give you feedback and support. For now, I've got my own thoughts.

It's heartbreaking to read about young people like your brother getting into this kind of trouble. But the best thing to do for your brother is to allow him to fully experience the consequences of his actions. Stealing $10K worth of stuff from his boss is quite the serious crime. Although this will likely make him extremely angry with you, do not save your brother from the mess that he created.

Now, whether this smartens your brother up is a different story. I'm guessing in the short term, probably not. Because his ethical and moral compass has been disabled by heroin, it doesn't phase him that what he did was incredibly wrong. Until your brother decides to fully embrace recovery, I would not believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

I'm sorry this has happened, but again, I'm really happy you found us. Welcome to the Board.