Thread: Sad news
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Originally Posted by Flower38 View Post
I found out today that my son got kicked out of Rehab last Friday. He checked in on December 11th, so was coming up on 30 days.
I texted his dad (we are divorced) to make sure he was still planning on visiting AS today--that was the plan since we were going to be out of town today. He responds with, "have you not heard from him?" I say, "No, what's up?"
To which he responds that AS called him yesterday telling him he had been kicked out for-------walking across the street during an NA meeting to get a soft drink.
Um, yea right. This particular rehab is strict but not that strict. I could see them drug testing him afterward but not kicking him out. So, I know there is more to the story.
Anyway, since I found out today, my heart has been sick! I have no idea where he is--and the temperature is a warm 25 degrees here. I'm so discouraged.
He seemed to be doing well so I don't know what happened. The rehab facility doesn't answer their phone on weekends (only voicemail) so I won't be able to find out anything until tomorrow.
I'm working on trying to detach emotionally but it is so hard
Im sorry Flower! My husband went to rehab and came home to visit about 30 days and he relapsed at home, they detected it when he went back but they didnt ask him to leave. Instead they asked if he wanted to stay. I know you must be terribly upset, because I was too when I found out from the rehab (didnt know when he was home). He had told them he wanted to stay but I reacted so badly he got so upset and wanted to leave! They calmed him down and he stayed. What I was told is this is common, addiction is complex and affects the brain and body, its not so much about pure desire to quit. If your son was close to his time being up there, he may have even been filled with emotions, fear, and all this leads to triggers and can lead to using. It takes a lot of time to develop strategies against using. My husband continued with his rehab, it wasnt an aa/na kind but that little slip meant nothing in the long run. He needed more treatment and time was all it meant for my husband. It was over a year ago now. I hope it works out for him, and u find out more tomorrow.