View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
MeSoSober

Originally Posted by 1Dayatatyme View Post
Toots and Meso : Meso, I am borrowing your response to Toots's advice to you in a previous post: You must be a pretty good teacher if I'm following your advice before you even give it. :-)
Do I get royalties or something for that?

Your group sounds cool. I like the idea of a social group of people who don't think of themselves as very social. Some quirkiness is generally good in my book, too!

North, whatever else you've puked up, the clown image tells me your sense of humor has stayed down. I hope the one good thing about food poisoning is that it doesn't last. You and your husband feel better soon!

Marcher, so sorry to hear about your friend's death. Much too young and a reminder, as Dee's Warren Zevon signature teaches, to enjoy every sandwich. Glad his partner has you and the rest of your group to lean on. :-(

Toots, you keep that shovel handy. :-)

Sassy, there's no better friend than a good kitty unless it's an SR pal. :-)

Today I went to Michael's (craft store), and it was special. Several cute new embellishments and other things in the cheapie bins. SCORE! I'm really glad to have tapped into my creative side more this year. I hope that the more I flex that muscle, the stronger it gets and manifests outside of paper crafting. There's a woman who does these tutorials on YouTube, and I LOVE HER. She's an Aussie and not only does she show you how to make your own junk journal or whatever, she very often weaves in some little life lesson and is just generally very positive, very encouraging. Here she is:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Poketfullofvintage

Spent part of the afternoon covering and embellishing the cover of a composition book as a journal and watching real-life murder mysteries (Forensic Files). It was a pleasure.

And then since the weather was warmer today I went for a paddle for the first time in months. I love going at sundown. I didn't see anything very interesting this time, but it was nice just the same, with the wind really chasing the clouds out of town. Our cat met me at the spot where I (always awkwardly) got out, which was a nice surprise.

Pretty good day. Hope all of you guys (those and mentioned and everyone else) had good ones too. Love and hugs.