Thread: Sad news
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Flower38

Sad news

I found out today that my son got kicked out of Rehab last Friday. He checked in on December 11th, so was coming up on 30 days.
I texted his dad (we are divorced) to make sure he was still planning on visiting AS today--that was the plan since we were going to be out of town today. He responds with, "have you not heard from him?" I say, "No, what's up?"
To which he responds that AS called him yesterday telling him he had been kicked out for-------walking across the street during an NA meeting to get a soft drink.
Um, yea right. This particular rehab is strict but not that strict. I could see them drug testing him afterward but not kicking him out. So, I know there is more to the story.
Anyway, since I found out today, my heart has been sick! I have no idea where he is--and the temperature is a warm 25 degrees here. I'm so discouraged.
He seemed to be doing well so I don't know what happened. The rehab facility doesn't answer their phone on weekends (only voicemail) so I won't be able to find out anything until tomorrow.
I'm working on trying to detach emotionally but it is so hard