Old 01-04-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
what about a mediator instead of 2 lawyers? will he be unreasonable? if so, maybe not a good option.
I thought about that, but I don't think it's a good idea. He's not always the most rational person, despite what he seems to think of himself.

I mentioned to him that I had spoken to a few newly divorced friends and that they had better plans in place before they told the kids. His response? "If you don't think there is anything wrong with our situation in the eyes of a teenage boy you may want to check with older children of divorce instead of the recently divorced."

Now, granted he's right but what he doesn't know is that I have talked to a lot of my son's friends who are older and whose parents divorced in their teens. Namely one of his tennis coaches who is 24 and whose parents split up when he was 16. My point was about the fact that we should have a better plan, not to argue about whether there is fallout on the kids as if I don't know that already.

Can't wait to call my realtor tomorrow. I wish I had a crystal ball, though, so I could know how our son will take this news. Sigh....