View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
kadidee

Happy New Year, everyone. I read something that resonated the other day: this is the start of a 365 page book. Write a good one.

Love that because in my second year of sobriety I have realized that I cause a lot of my own emotional pain by what I call propeller-mind. Things get stuck in my head and they go round and round and round. Sometimes things happen that necessitate some reflection or processing, but much of it is inconsequential stuff that I over analyze or overthink. The content doesn't matter as much as my tendency towards obsessive thinking. Now that I've let that into my awareness, I want to be more mindful and stop it when it starts. Lots of work still to be done.

I was in the bookstore the other day and browsed through the recovery section. There was a step workbook that I flipped through but didn't buy. I'm most interested in the 4th step...the one about doing an inventory of resentments. Advbike, you've been a huge proponent of this practice and it sounds like you've been able to work through some old stuff. Google brings up lots of worksheets. I haven't sat down and written out an inventory, but I'm starting to recognize when negative feelings are tied to a resentment. I'm getting more curious about what it would be like to actually do it.

Else, I hope you continue to feel better, sweet lady. V, I might see Unbroken today if my schedule permits. I've heard mixed reviews by those who read the book.

Wishing everyone in our August class a peaceful Sunday.