Thread: Willingness.
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
namommy

Willingness.

I talked to a friend last night (a homegroup member as well) who's recovery I admire. I told him on Sunday that I wanted to talk to him, then never called, well last night, he left me a message that "It's Thursday, weeks almost over, are you going to call me?" So, I did. and I am glad he did that for me.

Anyway, I talked to him about how I've been stretching myself so thin, yet not getting anything back for myself, Not taking care of me and my recovery needs. He gave me a few suggestions that I am going to follow through on. I would appreciate any help from here as well.

The first is to make a priority list, that's where I can get help from you guys. I am going to start posting on this thread my priority list, and as things come up that need to be added (or deleted), I will put it on. Any feedback as to where it should go would be greatly appreciated.

The second is to Go to meetings outside of my area to look for a new sponsor (I never actually changed the last time, long story). Anyway, I have been keeping myself in my "comfort zone" for a long time. I've gotten lazy as well. I have 2 or 3 meetings a night within a 5 to 10 min. drive from my house, so I rarely go outside of the area. I am going to start that tonite.

Actually, I am picking up Mike (Time2Surrender) and we are going to the 8PM meeting in Princeton.

That's a start for me (and a big step for me).