Old 01-02-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Sponsor told me early on - Listen to the guy who relapses.

Much to be learned from those who struggle.
Perhaps some f2f support may help you as well as SR - That can be inspirational

Good news is it is possible!
I started on here with just a few week sobriety - I am now at 208 days of continuous undrinking>

I find now that helping others on the newcomers forum helps me stay focused.
However, I understand how you feel. What I found helpful from SR is NOT just the NC forum but all the other gems in the mine on DIFFERENT threads.

I will play some word games, read some inspirational threads, digest stories of recovery, check out friends and family (helps remind me of what wreckage I caused),
send some friend requests - post visitor message to others ( get outside myself), read really old threads from those who have come before, visit the 12 steps forum etc.

On NYE I read the front page and linked to some sober drinks. Ended up making a hybrid of Cranberry, ginger ale, club soda, lime juice and white grape juice. It was awesome!

I also learned how to use the ignore button for those members who seem really harsh - That's on me though - I am still evolving and some have been removed and actually become friends.

The point is find a way to take what works, engage on different levels and just don't drink.

No one here can make you drink or make you sober. We all must take ownership of our own sobriety. Again, maybe consider face to face options as well as SR. It's been a one - two punch that has gotten me to the longest run of sobriety in over 30 years......

Glad you're here - Keep posting!
Willingness to change, a plan of action and the acceptance we simply cannot drink like normies are the roots of sobriety. We must water them daily, however

Kind Regards,
FlyN