Old 01-02-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
DrunkTx

I rarely do it this way, but here goes: I've only had one day one. I quit three thanksgivings ago, at 2:30 in the morning and never looked back. I love every single day sober - I run better, I eat better, I work better, I spend better. my wife and I have better intimate relations, I enjoy movies better, I play with my kids better. Depressing? Not for me.

I read this site between once and twice each day. Every post helps, even those about relapse. The community isn't here to just tell us the good, but also to warn us about the bad. I for one take every relapse as a gift. I know nobody carries our cross, but reading about the guilt and sorrow after falling gives me that extra tid bit to ensure I don't want to experience the same. In a very loving sort of way, I sometimes feel like those who relapse do it so I don't have to - kind of like dying on my behalf to forgive my sins. They do it for me. Some may think it narcissistic or egotistical to think the way I do, but I know that we are a family, we help each other, and we each share with some hope that it might help the next drunk. This drunk for one p, has never felt depression from this site, only hope - in the good and the bad.