Old 01-02-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cecilia44

Sometimes I find this site depressing ...

It is Day One again for me. I was doing so well in November and thought I would "just try it" again and drink and now I am right back where I was before. Stupid decision, but I can't take it back.

I am willing to try this site again and be more involved and I have been coming here and reading posts, just not posting myself for quite a while. Even back in November when I had 19 days sober, I realized then that I really couldn't drink and that is how I made it that far. Not so much by posting here.

I know this site is to help people, I get that, but sometimes I find it depressing. There are always new people here, it is always "Day One" over and over and over and it doesn't seem like anyone really gets sober for very long. Even those that I have been following that I thought had more sober time (and some did), seem to fall off the wagon again and again.

I am not saying I am any different, obviously, but when I read posts where someone fails AGAIN, it doesn't seem all that inspiring. It just seems depressing and like no one ever seems to get sober. I am not sure if that helps me. I am not sure WHAT DOES help me, because obviously on my own I am not succeeding either, but maybe I am just not reading these posts with the right mindset.

Can anyone offer their advice on this?