Old 01-01-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Raider

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Just wanted to clarify to any newbies reading here that secular recovery from addiction does not require atheism. This forum is a natural place for atheists to gather, but it's not a requirement to participate here. I believe in God, I just don't/didn't see the wisdom or utility in making God responsible for my behavior. He gave me the free will to screw things up, but He also gave me the free will to be able to fix it.

Secular recovery simply means we are not reliant on an external higher power to defeat addiction. The tools each of us possess are adequate to recover. This forum explores various ways to employ those tools to achieve and maintain a clean and sober life.

Drugs and alcohol may have been kicking the **** out of you for many years, but you are stronger than you realize. You can beat it.

the two posts written above the one quoted, ..... "Undue pressure....mystical God beyond ones ........ Festivus for the rest of us".

Nonsensical, You must have for the feeling I got when I read them...you must be a non-believer to get anything out of this forum. So you posted this.

Not interested in fighting over religion, and for me, that is exactly what this secular forum would be about for me.

Thanks. But no.