View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Happy New Year, Undies!!

Wow, what a year it has been. Started on a spiritual journey to St Thomas and is ending on my sofa watching some mindless tube feeling at peace with where things are right now in my life and good about the plans I'm making in the future. But, I think best of all is that I am completely comfortable bringing this new year in alone and feeling no need to change a thing.

Recovery has given me that gift. All of my life I wanted something else and never took time to enjoy and be grateful for what I had. Today I can do that, and, at times, without even needing to think about it. I just will find myself content and happy. Honestly, undies, that is some crazy sh*t that never happened to me in prior to these past 20 months. For decades my mind raced from one thing to the next. Heck, I rarely ever even enjoyed a drink. I was way to busy thinking about my next drink.

I have such a long way to go, but, I am really and truly learning to just live and enjoy the present.

Glee, your body might be at that gathering...but, your mind is FREE!

Babs, congrats on your three weeks. Welcome back. Remember, you have more tools today than ever before if you trigger! Use them...lean on them...recovery is so much easier as a WE!!

Dax, nice to see you again too. Well said, principals before personalities.

Again, my best to all of you. May the sober force be with us in 2015!!!

Carlos