View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

It belongs in a meeting from the standpoint that IN MY EXPERIENCE - continued reliance upon marijuana opened a doorway to relapse of my alcoholism.

IN MY EXPERIENCE - I found that while I continued to use marijuana, I was unable to get fully honest and to learn non-addictive ways of coping with life that were healthy.

IN MY EXPERIENCE - I didn't work the steps while I was still using pot.

IN MY EXPERIENCE - everyone I know who claims "medical" reasons for their pot use and their pot card does so with a wink and a nod and are just recreational users.

IN MY EXPERIENCE - Sobriety wasn't what I was really doing while I was still using marijuana.

IN MY EXPERIENCE - I used "but nobody ever OD'd" and "But I never got a DUI or got in fights or blah blah blah" as all the myriad reasons to justify continuing to use marijuana. I can't say that it was directly at fault for my struggles with alcohol. Who's to say what the causal relationships may be. But I can say that FOR ME, when I stopped smoking pot even just occasionally, my sobriety deepened and my whole perspective shifted.

In that regard, I maintain it absolutely belongs in an AA meeting. MY Experience, Strength and Hope is that today I am living a sober, happy, evolving, rich and joyous life and I believe that continuing to use marijuana would have continued to impair that.