View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Spacegoat

Yeah this interesting because wondering something along the same.

Your AV, 'The Beast'…

Would this be that bad guy himself, the Devil as per traditions?

Now I do realize this is in secular connections, but its reminding me of an anecdote…

I was staying in a hostel for a few months last year after breaking up with my ex. Anyways I met this fella Darragh, he was a decent bloke. He was an Irih guy with nationalist sympathies who had converted to Islam (strange combo I know). Anyway he had this disease in his legs, so I used to walk slowly with him into town. I was smoking a bit at the time, so I would be lighting up. Anyways he was all 'man ya don't need need that and ya don't need the drink. Thats the Djinn man, the genies telling you that ya need to have it, its the devils whispering in your ear telling you to go on and smoke another joint, or to have another drink and the they have ya"

Anyways I was pretty fascinated by that! But yano, I kind of dismissed it cos he was very eager to convert me as well. Plus I was enjoying my smoke a lot, it really kept me going that summer and made life easier.

Anyways thats the anecdote! When I hear about this AV it keeps reminding me of that! Like I know these are just terms to explain aspects of the human psyche/ experience. Actually no he was saying that they are real! That they exist in another dimension to us we just can't see it! ...

Hey I don't know he could even be right! Like I have had some unusual experiences myself, metaphysics all that…

Ok then thats all! Good job everyone. Peace