View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
gleefan

BoozeFree - Hope you're feeling better soon.

Babs - It's sooo good to have you back. Great job on three weeks! When I thought of drinking, one of my ways of playing the tape through was to think of that last hangover. Hold onto your miserable withdrawals. Not wanting to feel that way again got me through some difficult cravings. Sobriety, for me today, is more than avoiding feeling lousy, it's allowing myself to feel good - but it took some time to get there.

Dax - Great job on 4 days of sobriety. I have always been a hard worker, but in the beginning of my sobriety, I eeked out only the bare minimum at home and at work. My recovery has been an incremental rebuilding of my life, and my routines and productivity are returning slowly. I'm nowhere near what I used to be in many ways, but in many ways I'm better.

Gilmer - I agree that maturity can be a nice side effect of sobriety. I'm still immature, but less immature than before.

Drake - It's great that you're getting out and about even though you're feeling down. I hope you had a nice time with your sober friend today.

Chris - Alcohol is cunning, baffling, and powerful, as anyone who's relapsed can attest. I'm glad you're feeling well and enjoying your sobriety.

Saskia - I agree with your advice to Dax. I have found that actively working on my recovery, honoring what's right for me, keeping my expectations realistic, and practicing acceptance, keep me from looking for an escape.

SoberLeigh - It's nice to see you here! Glad you're joining us.

Happy New Year Undies! All my fondest wishes to everyone as you ring in 2015 sober!!