View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
Three statements in this immediately caught my eye............."

1) "...there is now a new study out that seems to support the theory that it can cause a relapse for recovering alcoholics..."

2) "...a team of California scientists report that smell may be enough to trigger cravings and a subsequent relapse among certain alcoholics..."

3) "...As many as 90 percent of alcoholics will experience one relapse in the four years after they quit drinking, according to statistics from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism..."

As to................:

1) This may be true of 'recovering' alcoholics, but I'm recovered, and these NA malt beverages do nothing for me but taste ok (some of them);

2) I guess that depends on who these 'certain' alcoholics are; not me or any of my friends, and the smell(?) trigger craving and relapse.....oh, puhleeze, gimme a break;

3) I guess my friends and I are members of the other 10%.

"...NA beer is still beer, it has alcohol content, is brewed the same, and if you drink enough can result in the same..."

I used to drink beer (a 12-pack to get started). Since NA malt beverages have about 1/10th the alcohol of most American beers, I'd need to consume approximately 120 12oz bottles to equal that....not gonna happen.

(o:
NoelleR