View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
heartcore

My sleep did improve between 60-90 days; the first two months were dominated by my inability to sleep.

I had to attend two out of town work conferences during that period, and both included multiple receptions and dinners with free-flowing alcohol. I was grounded and focused at both events. I dressed up for the parties, interacted "charmingly." and drank "fancy" non-alcoholic drinks made of fruit juices. Both conferences were in topics which deeply interest me, and I felt like I had finally come back to my true self. The third month - for me - was about moving back into the world. I still was conscious about giving myself space to retreat to (ie. returning to my hotel room regularly to lie down briefly during the conferences and recenter), but my energy began to move outward.

I also started to interact with more non-program folks again (especially work friends). I felt more confident, less fragile. My world expanded...

I also started to feel that "this was going to stick." I was very proud when I got my 90 days - it had strong meaning for me.