View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ericwilson

Hello from the Dark Side of the Moon

Hello,

I'm back. When I first joined up here years ago I went 30 straight days sober. My co-workers noticed a change, my Mother and Wife also noticed it. Not only did I lose weight, my brain 'woke-up'.

That was 4 years ago. 3 1/2 years ago I was let go from my career for cheaper solution to my position. I started drinking on weekends again and at first didn't think much of it. Then as the years started slowly passing by I lost my real estate investments, drained 401k, savings and am now living in a foreclosure home that any day can be the day we have to leave. I filed bankruptcy and haven't received unemployment for years and have no credit to apply for housing. The church gathers food for us, we live on food stamps and basically spend the day applying for jobs online; all while my mother sends money each month to pay to keep the lights on.

My wife started drinking wine every night, and I started to join her. Now I am 60 pounds overweight and have high blood pressure.

I need help. I am alone all day when my son is in school and my wife substitute teaches for money. Unfortunately we are spending it on Alcohol.

We also have an Autistic son, which tires us out every day. We have turned into a team of taking care of his needs all day which most of the time just plain wares us out. We drink to escape the horror story which has become our life.

This is not the way I want to be anymore; so I told my wife that we need to support each other and not consume anymore starting today. No matter how much we want to escape, we have to help each other out.

So, here I am again because I know the love and support one needs is here.

Looking forward to healing with you.

My best, always

Eric