Old 12-30-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Boleo
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by Joe Nerv View Post
Bottom line in all this, as insane as it sounds, is that a trauma to her head seems to have destroyed her desire to drink. I was hesitant to post this because I myself am having a difficult time believing it, but I'm not in the habit of BSing, and there would be no point in my doing it with this story. I haven't googled it yet, but I'm curious if anyone here has every heard anything of the sort before.
As a professional caregiver, I have seen a lot of drastic personality changes due to sever trauma or head injuries. However, usually they are negative effects such as nice people become mean or calm people become impatient.

One of my clients lost 50 lbs in 3 months after a head injury, but it may have been due to the meds he was taking. I have also seen others develop an aversion to alcohol after some kind of trauma along with new meds, but they were far from alcoholics to start with.

I don't doubt that it is possible for someone to become a better person after an injury. The movie "Regarding Henry" is more or less about this sort of thing.