View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
barefootjunker

NA beer is still beer, it has alcohol content, is brewed the same, and if you drink enough can result in the same. If your trying to stay sober it should never be an option.

If your trying to be sober why would you subject yourself to behavior that just mimics what you were doing before? It can't be healthy to your sobriety. Cunning baffling and powerful, and in a new years party situation, down right dangerous if you have admitted your being powerless over alcohol. Using a crutch to try and ease your feelings of wanting to fit in with the crowd. I know I will never fit in with the crowd in the sense of being able to drink with them. So why try and pretend, why feed your av with ammo?

Most here know that what they were doing before didn't work, those that work a program here know that they are powerless over alcohol, that drinking leads to dark places. Why ride the line of being one step away, or even already being across the line by drinking NA.

Besides, the crap is too expensive for stuff that tastes even close to the real deal to not have the goods in it. If I'm going to spend that kinda cash I'd just buy some Great Lakes Christmas Ale and be done with it. Especially as I am in AA and it is considered by most as a relapse to drink the crap. So if I'm gonna waist the money, I'd just do it right.

I just don't drink today, tomorrow is just a today that is not here yet.