View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Weatherman77

Hi Axiom, I'm just coming up to the 90 day mark, and there were times I didn't think I'd be here. I was one of those people who couldn't imagine his life without alcohol, so much so that I structured my life around when I could drink.

This last month is when I really began to think "I can do this." I've been able to get some new routines going, and all of my evenings don't have that "something's missing" feeling I had earlier, if you know what I'm talking about.

I've seen my friends more, I'm more relaxed, and I know you will be too. Last week, I overheard some coworkers discussing where we were going to go for appetizers after work (holiday party). They were talking about different drink specials at different places and, referring to me, one said, "Oh, that won't matter to him. He doesn't drink." I think I was actually slack-jawed for a moment. I never thought I'd hear myself described like that.

I thank SR so much - even though I don't post a lot, I'm here every day. It keeps me grounded in early sobriety and stops me from getting too ahead of myself.

Congratulations on your Day 60! Let's make it a great 2015.