View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
SparkyMcSparky
Working-cl*** pseudo tough

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
My internet went down for awhile. I was going to pay bills, but I mislaid the checkbook (I know it's around here somewhere).

I made the choice to get over myself and do the next right thing. I scrubbed the pans. Now I am very satisfied that that major chore is done! I would never have faced it a year ago--not till I had two or three days of mental preparation. Today I didn't need a bunch of mental gyrations--I just cut the crap and did it! Sobriety leads to maturity, and maturity is a great thing!
Shalom Gilmer!

What is a chequebook? Crud, I've maybe written three cheques in the past five years - funny how something that was such a daily staple has become so antiquated so quickly.

Enjoyed your comments on dishes. On Christmas day, I likely would have been on beer five or six by dinner time as the in-laws make me crazy, then been drinking wine, followed by a brandy or Drambuie with coffee after dinner. At this point, someone else can do dishes, thank you, while I get mellow and rot in my chair.

This year, without booze, I only yelled at the in-laws a couple of times, then did the dishes as a soothing way to calm myself down. I haven't done a lot of dishes by hand over the past few years, and this ended up being an pleasurable chore, though my dry itchy cuticles are not thanking me for it.

Have a great day everyone.