View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Gilmer

My internet went down for awhile. I was going to pay bills, but I mislaid the checkbook (I know it's around here somewhere).

I was feeling sulky. I have to do a big turkey dinner today, and I didn't wake up with the necessary "git 'er done" attitude in any way.

The sink had 6 nasty pans in it. After dinner last night, my son had put all the plates and bowls in the dishwasher, but had left the tough stuff for some poor sucker to do later!

I was tempted to be irked--but I just sucked it up and did them, even though I feel that I've already got enough to do today, and I'm not even up to that!

I made the choice to get over myself and do the next right thing. I scrubbed the pans. Now I am very satisfied that that major chore is done! I would never have faced it a year ago--not till I had two or three days of mental preparation. Today I didn't need a bunch of mental gyrations--I just cut the crap and did it! Sobriety leads to maturity, and maturity is a great thing!

Plus, my internet is back up, so I can finish my morning SR surf. I love this place!