View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
shakeitoff

Thanks everyone. I have channeled most of my anger into getting my house cleaned up from having a three year old and Christmas happening!

I am not at the point of leaving yet. I did ask for an apology and it was a sarcastic I am sorry what ever u want to shut you up. I have always hid his drinking and made excuses for him. Tonight I asked if his drinking every embarrassed him. He said yes. When I lost my new iPhone last week. Yea- *******. Not when I drove with my daughter drunk, or said I wanted a skank or when we were late to his mothers xmas. I mean really!!

He then proceeded to tell me he could control his drinking and losing his phone woke him up. I mean what- how do you not laugh at that. I told him that was awesome- just as sarcastic as he was- and since he wasn't embarrassed I wouldn't be either. When he chose to drink leaving my daughter and I to do family things alone I would put it on FB and when people asked where he was- I would say drunk. He was like do what u gotta do.

I have been with him for 5 years. He can stop drinking whenever he wants. The problem is you never know when he is going to go out and get hammered and become an ass. You can be having a great week- but in the back of your mind you know it won't last.

Thank you for telling me it's okay to be angry. I needed that!

I am working on finding an Al Anon group in my area where I can take my daughter.