View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
gleefan

Hi Undies

Carlos - If your team wins you may have an excuse to hit the meeting I went to in Foxborough over Thanksgiving weekend. There weren't any evening gowns or Cadillacs at that meeting, just regulah' cah's, Dunkin, and Fluffernutters - and they took a halftime smoke break. It was a meeting that movie character Will Hunting would go to, if he was so inclined. That movie used to make me want to smoke. There were great stories about recovery that night. Regardless of how the game turns out, I know YOU ARE READY to have fun hanging with your youngest tonight!

Gilmer - I don't know about bathrobes and slippers, but I've seen my fair share of yoga pants and hoodies at meetings here in New England.

Trach - What a humble apology. I can't begin to tell you how difficult forgiveness is for me. I've lost many friends and acquaintances that way, and spent years analyzing why. Fact is, knowing it is because of something that happened to me as a kid didn't help me change it. Recognizing my triggers, and letting them go, has allowed me to have better relationships with my friends and hold a lot less resentment towards my FOO - family of origin.

BoozeFree - I hope you had a lovely day off from the womp.

LS - congrats on being able to move out and move on with your life. You owe it to your sobriety so hold onto it and don't let go!

Needy is back in my life - my choice - and wrangling for front and center. The way I uphold my boundaries while making plans with her is a testament to my emerging emotional sobriety. I felt like such a victim earlier this year with her, but it never occurred to me to say No. Today I was able to say No to her invitation to hang with her for a long, intimate NYE gathering, but still make time to get together this week. Finding balance, rather than sweeping people out of my life, is my emotional sobriety in action.