View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DrunkTx

MNS - you sound like a really hard working guy. It also sounds like your parents are absolutely phenomenal people. Not because of their roof, or the tuition, but because your dad is trying to comfort / soothe your emotional state of mind. Hell, he sounds like my hero. And yet, i understand how one can be down, even when the rest of the world thinks everything is roses. My friend, you need an attitude adjustment - not the negative kind, you have enough of that. The kind where you step out and try to objectively assess your situation. Let me give it a shot:

A few years into school, I was inspired enough to try my hand at self-employment. I didn't make money at first, but I wasn't constrained either. I had a place to live that was fully paid for, access to great home cooking, and surrounded by family that supported my aspirations. The truth is, my business failed. Didn't make a cent, was actually a bit in the red. But guess what, I still had a home, still had food and my family. The only difference is that I learned a ton about life and business in my failed endeavor. It gave me a maturity I wouldn't have gotten in college when I first entered. I moved forward, went back to school, and the rest is history - great job, great home, and best of all same great family!

Truth is, this really isn't my story, but it sure sounds like yours from where I'm reading. If I drank because of this, it wouldn't have been in sorrow, that's for sure. Maybe the only thing I can share with you, is that I learned to celebrate life by eliminating the alcohol. Maybe if you give it up too, you would realize how amazing your life sounds. Your a fortunate person, maybe give your folks a hug and ask for their continued support as you put down the bottle.