View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
amy55

Of course your resentment is normal. For me, I think I was waiting for him to realize the damage that he did. Mine didn't go to rehab, but many times when he came back again, he would go to therapy.

So we sit here waiting and waiting, to see if anything changes, we are still walking on the same eggshells we always walked on, now we are on our own. What if it snows, at least he cleared the driveway, now that is on me also. Resentment builds up, and it just builds up some more.

So, I can see where you are at. It's really hard to look at rehab without any kind of apprehension also. You don't know how he will be when he comes back. You already talked to him on the phone and there was more of that blame thing going on, again with his family, more of the same. So you start to doubt yourself some more, and people are giving you guilt and he is just having a cushy little life. Much like he had when he was home.

This is when you need to do the work on yourself. But while you are doing that work, you are taking care of everything else.

Resentment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big time.

So while I can see all this and why you can feel resentment, it really up to you if you feel that you may be able to trust again. I think it is time for you to sit back and look at what you went through, and if you can forgive, or not. Can you really try again? Do you still have that left in you? It's not for us to answer those questions for you. It's your decision. I just want you to know whatever you decide, I'll be here for you.

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
amy