Old 12-27-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Hawkeye13

If you are really ready to commit to quitting it can be done.
I understand about the scary feelings with withdrawal, so here is a way to start:

First step is to get to your doctor and come clean and tell him you need some help with quitting.

If inpatient is at all an option, that would be best, but if you can't do that, the doctor can help you with some medication for detoxing safely and examine you before as it can be dangerous to try to do on your own.

You need some kind of "face support" such as AA or Women for Sobriety so research what kind of meetings are there in your area and get to some meetings even if you are still drinking.
You need a network of sober people to help you especially if your husband has addiction issues of his own.

What do you mean by "in the process of losing your job"?
Is it lost, or can you possibly save it by showing up to work, etc. and turning it around?

If lost, OK, use that free time to get through detox and find another after.
If not lost, and you really need it, try to support yourself with good food, adequate sleep, and do your best to do some damage control.

Facing your situation honestly is perhaps the most empowering thing you can do right now.
I had to do the same thing several years ago, and by starting where I was and not drinking one day at a time despite my discomfort and desire, I gradually got control of my sobriety and my life.

It is so frightening there where you are now but there is hope.
You can stop, you can change your situation, and write a better chapter for the next year of your life.

Posting and reading here daily really helps--keep coming back and good luck