View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Dollyangel17

Hi Stars...

Merry Christmas, and welcome to the thread. I have an 8 yo daughter and feel this year was our "bridge year" with Santa. She still believes, but I got all the telltale questions at the beginning of the season..."how does Santa make it to every house in the world in 1 night?"..."how can he carry all those gifts?"...etc. she seems to have believed our explanations this year, but I fear next year, when she is even more logical...(coupled with the fact she is already hearing whispers at school about not believing), it might be the end of the Santa era for us too:-(

The idea does make me a little sad as well. I think sadness is a trigger for many here. For me personally...it's worry that triggers me. If I am worried about something like my daughters health, that is a huge trigger for me. My daughter is overall a healthy child, but I tend to be a hypochondriac so I stress about every little ailment she encounters, and that was always a big trigger for me.

That is why my drinking spiraled out of control after she was born...became a daily habit slowly with a few glasses each evening, until it progressed to morning drinking before work as well.

Happy to say I am sober now for almost 20 months (will hit that on the 30th) sober:-). I have occasional rough days, but my life is so much better and easier now!

Anyway...welcome again and glad you are joining us:-)