View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thatdeliveryguy

Christmas for me!

I grew up in a half Mormonistic half atheist family. Mom had many beliefs and had a penchant for God. Dad didn't believe in anything. I don't believe in a God but do believe their our powers I had not control over.

This provided quite dichotomy, where religion and atheism meshed, but it provide quiet the incite of the thinking of both tribes. However, in some strange way, both ideologies existed in the most blissful union.

As an alcoholic, I try to meld those views together, I try and seek faith, acceptance, and an empirical view in the unknown helping me and trusting that a power ' greater than I' can most certainly help me.

I contrast that view with thinking that, there is no (G) god exist. I look for pragmatic scientifically proven theories and study substantiated studies.. I look for answers that aren't religious, but aren't necessarily nonspiritual.

Confused am I, but beyond that recovery is so much individualistic and personal experience.... Yet without seeking outside help and advice, hard to achieve sobriety.

Funny how our personal views and beliefs directly effect both our use substances, and recovery. Yet, no matter what we believe, we need to head the same direction in recovery on some level regardless.

With that, I go forward searching for both religious and nonreligious answers. If I really knew what to believe, I am supposing my alcoholism and chronic addiction would be solved or I would have some path.

Merry Christmas to all! My thoughts on this holiday...