View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tetra

That used to be me.

Happy Christmas guys!

Well, I had a nice Christmas.

I arrived home on Christmas Eve. My mom, Dad, brother and I were chatting at the kitchen table. I made some remark that I have work on January 2nd, and my mom said "great! I'm glad you are acting like a normal person". See, it's little remarks that really get on my nerves, and I could see my brother's eyebrows shoot up, but I just ignored it and carried on talking. Everytime my mom started with her comments, I just raised my hand and said "I don't want to hear it at Christmas" and she actually shut up! Even my dad said he is proud at the way I am learning to deal with her.

And we did have a nice day. I got some lovely gifts...gloves, perfume and a camera, because I am thinking of taking up photography as a hobby in the New Year.

I felt bad for my aunt though. She kind of has a drinking problem too, but if she is as bad as I was, I don't know. She left the room at around 6 pm and didn't return. It turns out she had gone to bed. What a way to spend Christmas night...in bed. I said to my brother that I didn't think she had that much to drink. My brother replied "oh she did. She slyly topped up her glass at the table, without people noticing, and I know she had a few sly ones in the kitchen, when I walked through to put dishes in the dishwasher". I felt really bad for her. I have been there, and she missed the best part of the evening - our family card game. If I had been drinking, I would have missed out on all the fun.

The next thing is the wedding on New Year's Eve. My brother seems a bit stressed. We were up late talking last night and he said to me ""what will I do if there is some tension between family members at the wedding"? So I said "don't worry bro, I'll make sure nobody spoils your big day". At this point he burst out laughing and said "MY big day?!! MY big day my ******* ass"!!! Says it all really...

I am very happy that I am not drinking. And Happy Christmas to all of you xx