View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 03:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lillyknitting
lillyknitting

Happy Sober Christmas

What a to-do my brain/thoughts made of it all. The night before Christmas, Christmas eve. Traditionally for me a big drinking night. In the past I would have been soooo excited with the thoughts of getting as much booze down me as possible, full of Christmas cheer and bonhomie! Talk about my AV building it up in my mind. Historically of course this would all end in tears. I distinctly remember one year, full of booze and because I couldn't get more there would ensue a huge row whereupon in my drunken mind I decided to place all my daughters gifts (all really expensive clothes, perfumes, jewelry, bags etc) outside, on the front door step, for "the childrens home" who would be much more appreciative!!!!! Can you imagine my horror and relief the next morning to find everything still there, untouched, as I furtively placed them under the tree.

Last night we did go down the pub and yuk! It was loud, packed with youngsters (as it should be). We met up with friends, had a bit of a chat, all decided it was too much then went home. Phew! So glad that's over. Hubby said "I don't know how your mates do that every week?" neither do I now. Sobriety is all about change. Embracing the new & letting go of old ideas.

Merry Christmas everyone and a happy, healthy, sober new year x