View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mistory5

I feel you, I recently was not invited to a xmas party because I don't drink. My feelings were very hurt and I was resentful. I shared the story here , got some feed back to mull over, prayed about it , read scripture about situations like this. Thought through and realized I really don't want to hang out with these people, I just wanted to be invited. Well everyone is not going to like you( fact of life) and some are going to resent you for not drinking because it makes them look in the mirror and they dont like what they see. They are intimidated by your sobriety. If I were you I wouldn't say a thing to them about their behavoir at lunch. Act like you didn't even notice their ignorance. Hold your head up high do a good job at work and keep it moving. I've found out while sober and taking a good hard honest look at my life, one of the things I saw was throughout my career I been loosely throwing around the word friend about coworkers, what a crock, especially if you use to drink with them. Its going to be a little rocky in the beginning , but it will get better at work. Don't let them defeat you or worst yet make you pick up a drink. Don't staybupset with them either but I would feed them with along handled spoon.