View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Buggirl

Talking

Originally Posted by Rachet View Post
Hello everyone! I am not a newcomer to the AA way, but I am a newcomer to this website and the Internet method of 'meetings and fellowship'. I thought I would give it a try!
I heard "glad to be and alcoholic" quite a few times in the beginning of my AA journey, and it would stir my emotions and make me wonder. Now, after many meetings and honestly working on and living the steps, it has made me realize that my alcoholism is truly a gift, as is the means to arrest it's progression is also a gift. How I use these gifts is my choice, and when I choose to place it in my Creator's hands, my life is transformed. If I didn't have this disease, I may never found out what my real purpose in life is, nor would I have known that Power that is there to help me, (and all of us!) to learn, to grow, to share, and to love. It is a wonderful blessing to be on this journey. I am grateful. You told me that "It's a simple program". How true! It is not easy, though. In fact, it is a lot of work! However, it is worth every minute I give to the task, and the rewards are awesome. In fellowship, Rachet. :-)
Hello!

I too feel like this, changed my life! I actually feel sorry for those who don't appreciate what they have! I love life!