Thread: New to Site
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
katiemuldoon53

New to Site

Hi. My name is Katiemuldoon and I am an alcoholic. I tried for many years to get around that fact and went to great lengths to prove to myself and everyone else that all those problems, losses and disasters that were happening were the result of bad behavior of all the drunks around me. If only they would behave, all would be well! Finally at when all those troublemakers had gone by the wayside, there I sat alone, drunk and begging God not to let me drink one more minute when I knew maybe I had run out of options. I checked in to the local detox ward one more time and hoped I would die. I had no explanation, no theories, no hope. I was at that turning point they describe in the Big Book. I was unable to imagine life without alcohol but I couldn't imagine there was much life left in me with It. What if I was one of those unfortunates that was constitutionally incapable of being honest with myself? Well I am happy to report that God did for me what I had spent years trying to. On December 4, 2007 He completely removed the Obsession without fanfare or celebration and I knew I was FREE! Seven years later, despite my best efforts to give back the Gift, He has refused to accept the return and nudges me along everyday, sometimes when I don't want His interference, and keeps me away from that first drink. Just seeing myself write this post brings me great joy and indescribable gratitude for His efforts and the efforts of those of you who dragged me along this path even when I fought like a crazed animal to get off the Path. Thank you for always, always being there.