View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
amy55

I guess I don't know what you really want here. I'm not going to say that there aren't certain traits that can be contributed to alcoholism, but I can't say that all the things that you read here, are only caused by alcoholism.

Many times alcoholism is but a symptom of a much larger problem.

I am an alcoholic. I did not cheat or steal. I did have anger, but I was in an abusive relationship. I don't know, I think that would anger anyone.

I did lie, I lied to cover up how much I drank, I rotated beer stores, I hid cans of beer, so that I could have them instead of my ex. I would say that I was not that emotionally involved with my children, but I'm not sure if that was because I was drinking, or because I was afraid of my ex.

I really don't like to just point my finger at alcoholism being the only problem. I think what it really comes down to is "is this the type of person you want to spend your life with, just as he is now?"

I do think that drinking tends to make a person feel more at ease where they can revert back to the person that they are. It makes a person feel uninhibited. They don't really judge or think about the consequences to their behavior. So what I think should be questioned is the behavior.

((((((((((hugs))))))))
amy