View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Whitewingeddove

The mystery of the tree question is solved. I had told him a while back I didn't know if we would be getting one this year. He was asking because he got one (wanted my GD to have a good xmas) but has no stand, decorations, etc....He wanted to borrow ours. I told him I would have to talk to his dad (stall tactic on my part to give me time to think).

90% of the ornaments we have are actually his. Given to him by his grandparents, aunt and us over the last 23 years. Many Hallmark ornaments, etc. If things were different, I would have given these to him by now, but I just can't at this point. I don't know what might become of them. So............my "answer" was to hit Walmart, buy a set of cheap lights and a couple sets of ornaments for them. My husband brought them down to the apartment last night along with a "loaned" tree stand and skirt.

He asked my husband to bring them to the mall today so they can get a few gifts for my GD. I can't help but wonder (but try not to think about it) where the money came from for the tree and these "gifts" when the last I knew they have a pending disconnect on their electric bill.....

I hope he doesn't buy me anything.....I don't want to accept anything which has been likely been bought with "dirty money".......