Thread: Help !
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SoberHappyHour

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I have been there before, many times. I thought I would be "OK" or that I was cured and would be able to drink again moderately. I tried every moderation plan there was, and even invented some of my own. Every single time it failed though, and sometimes in spectacular fashion. I finally realized that the problem wasn't that I couldn't find the right way to moderate - it was that I hadn't fully accepted that I am an alcoholic. This means accepting that I will never, ever be able to moderate my drinking...so the only solution is to just never pick up the first one.

Rock bottom is really kind of a relative term, because no matter how low you go, you can always go lower - until you die of course ( which does happen ).

What exactly do you do to keep working on your sobriety in between your periods of drinking and abstinence?
Really nothing. I just feel good a few days after drinking and then I feel like I have a hold of it. Then, Sunday arrives and I plan to just have a couple and watch the football games with friends and I end up being an all night rockstar.