View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 12:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
waggin

he dumped the vodka

Well he dumped the vodka today. Not sure how much of it he ingested. He was in bad shape when I arrived to visit. He has a therapy session tomorrow, Monday (court-ordered), and he's worried he's going to appear drunk and be taken directly to jail. This is a possibility, but it's not likely. But he chose to dump the vodka. Im liking that.
He told me his mom laid into him today and said "rehab or you're out." He has to figure a way to go to rehab without violating his probation. He has a place in mind that he would like to go. I told him (again) that I'd quit everything with him. Tomorrow is a big day. I just hope he doesnt make it through and then "celebrate." Im glad his mom said what she said. He's realizing that his comfortable life isnt forever.
So at this time, things are progressing, slowly. I just hope we keep moving forward.
I'm not stressed though, which makes this doable. I have s**t to do and he needs to stop choosing to drink and choosing to not get help. So this withdrawal is not my issue. I feel capable and better equipped to be strong. I really hope he can figure out how to go to rehab now instead of in Feb when he completes his probation requirements. His therapist may be able to clarify how it might work, tomorrow at his appt. But this was a good day