Old 12-21-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lusher
Living Sober

Hey Findingtheway- Congrats on the 80 days!

I think many of us are feeling some pretty strong temptations during this time of the year. I mean everything sort of seems to be centered around having some drinks. From the TV commercials, to the holiday parties and everything in-between.

However, I think it's important to remember how things really are for people like us. We can't really drink in moderation, regardless how much we want to. We'll never morph into that of a normal drinker. Booze will only bring us back to the way we were before going the sober rout, etc.. From some of what you've included in your post, I know that you already know all of this too.

Then there's the whole self disappointment aspect. The 80 days of your hard work would be lost. And I could see how it would be easy to just tell yourself that you'll pick it up again after the new year. Perhaps even include sobriety as some type of a New Years resolution. I, for one, would be so freaken pissed at myself, which is one of the reasons I've been staying the course.

On a positive note, when you ride out these temptations and make it through the holidays without any drinks, you'll know that you are truly on your way to a better you, and this time it's for good. You'll know that you're not as weak (to booze) as you might have thought. Maybe this can even be some type of a turning point, if you're doubting your goals, and whether it's all worth it or not. I think when you make it through the holidays, you'll know that it is.

Remember:

Lusher