Old 12-21-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
EyesOfAStranger

Glad to hear you are still off the opiates rockstar!

As for the taper you are trying - I want to let you know that I get it, I really do. But I wanted to share some experience with you as I see AV chatter all over your posts. I can relate to how you are feeling as I was at the same dosage you were - 300 to 450 mgs a day. Scary, isn't it? Fifteen 30mg pills a day. I was right there with you.

Truth is, there is no comfortable way to do it. You are just prolonging the misery now. At day 7, you would probably be coming off the worst of the physical symptoms now. The anxiety and the emotional stuff is still going to be there when the subs are done. You are still going to have to jump off them, and you are still going to have to deal with the withdrawals. Sometimes it's better to just get it over with.

Just my opinion, I have no issue with the use of subs to help with opiate addiction and I think when used under medical supervision with a doctor and a program they are a wonderful tool that have helped many people come off and stay off. But it sounds like you are using them on your own just to suppress the withdrawals and I'm not sure how successful that will be without a doctor to monitor the dose or having the other support that usually comes along with it. Similar to just tapering using lower dosage opiates....and we all know how that usually goes.

You have my support 100%, but if you feel you really do need the subs I do wish you would see a doctor to help with that - I think you would be so much more successful with it. If it's just to try to make things easier, well - there just is not a way to make it easier. It takes work. Like I said, I really do get it. I had to work too and it was awful, but I made it through - as will you. Heck, in retrospect that was the easy part.

I'm really pulling for you. Hang in there, I know you can do this!