View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Venecia

Thanks, Adv. It was at MIA, one of my all-time favorite places; I go several times a year, even if it is just to see pieces I've viewed many times before. We're truly fortunate here to have had a significant history of philanthropy that makes a lot of great places and organizations possible. The MIA collection is substantive. There was a major Matisse exhibit there earlier this year, which was great.

The Italian exhibit was fascinating. Lots of background on how Italy became a fashion powerhouse in the hardscrabble days after WWII. And I actually liked the dresses of the '50s and '60s better than the modern ones. They were truly elegant. There were a couple dresses on display that were worn by Audrey Hepburn and Ava Gardner in movies.

I'm a little "meh" on the Walker. (I lean toward more traditional art.) The other museum I particularly like here is The Museum of Russian Art, which grew out of a significant private collection. Haven't been there in a while, but hope to get back there one of these days.